You can also show your support for Zach Wahls for Iowa Senate by writing a letter to the editor. Our team is happy to help! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for sample letters. We’re also happy to help you edit your letter as well. Finally, please send us a copy of your final letter (same email address) so we can share it here on the website.
Where to Submit Your Letter
You can send your letter to any of the local media outlets in Iowa Senate District 37. Here are the specifications and details on how to submit. Remember to include your full name, address and daytime phone number.
The Gazette: 250 or fewer for letters (400-1,500 for columns). Email email@example.com or mail to:
Letters, The Gazette
500 3rd Ave., SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Press-Citizen: 200 or fewer for letters (650 or fewer for columns). Email firstname.lastname@example.org. No option to send letters by postal mail.
Daily Iowan: Letters should not exceed 300 words. Email letters to email@example.com.
Little Village: 500 words or less. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the word “letter” or “letter to the editor” in the subject line. No option to send letters by postal mail.
Corridor Business Journal: Email letters to email@example.com.
Solon Economist: Submit your letter using this online form.
Tipton Conservative: Letters should not exceed 500 words. Email letters to StuartC108@aol.com.
West Branch Times: Email letters to wbtimes@Lcom.net or firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail them to PO Box 368, West Branch, IA 52358.
Wilton-Durant Advocate News: Email letters to email@example.com.
General Tips for Letter Writing
- Clearly state your endorsement of Zach Wahls for Iowa Senate. Include how long you’ve known Zach and in what capacity.
- Note specific accomplishments and abilities that make him a prime candidate for endorsement. Make one or two main points. For details on Zach’s priorities, check out the issues page here on the website.
- Focus on Zach and his accomplishments — not his competitors in the race.
- Share your own opinions. Include sources if applicable.
- Use plain language, spelling out acronyms and explaining any specialized jargon.
- Offer suggestions for direct action (“mark your calendar for the November 6th election”). Include dates and times when you can.
- Conclude your letter by summarizing your main points and by restating your endorsement of Zach Wahls for the Iowa Senate.
- The more succinct you are able to be, the more likely your letter is to be published.
Thank you for your help!